Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Today's my birthday - The big 33 and (as my mother reminded me) my coming of age according to JRR Tolken's hobit civilization. I told her I'd shave my feet in honor of the event. I received birthday wishes from my parents, my grandparents, and a few of my siblings.

When Garrett took the boys to get me a gift, Jonathan said that he was going to get me a phone - so I guess he knows what I like to do. We're ordered Thai food which has recently become my favorite type of food - yum! yum! all that curry (Thanks to my parents for their kind b-day gift). I rented We are Marshall and Freedom Writers, but we just watched the first, which was good. We also ate my sugar-free birthday cake. It wasn't divine, by any means, but I enjoyed it. Jonathan took one bite and was done. Garrett said it was fine, but weird to eat salad on top, which made me laugh because that is what the sugar-free frosting was like.

Thirty-three seems weird - I don't feel that old. And I'm quite aware that I have two more birthdays until I have to pay the piper and answer to a bet I made my mother when she was 35 - That I would still be able to do a flip on the trampoline at 35. May I also point out that I was only 14 at the time and should hardly be made accountable for such a rash and fool hardy bet.

I felt so loved and special last night. Garrett and Jonathan sang to me - Gabe was snoring soundly on the floor in obvious desire to harmonize with the song - and I got two new pair of huge sweats that hopefully will keep the baby and I comfortable until delivery...

And to everyone out there - thanks for being part of the last 33 years of a great life. I'm a lucky girl. I think I'll have to see if a cup of milk will soften my birthday cake from it's condensed unsweetened state....

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday, Cynthia! I'm glad you had a good day. Are we really 33? Strange--seems like just yesterday we were writing poems about the women of San Juan 623 and publishing them anonymously in the school paper.
Nat