Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanks for Thanksgiving

Last night, as a family, we talked about the story of the 10 lepers who were healed by Jesus and the lone one who expressed thanks. Then, today, I was teaching the preschool kids about Thanksgiving and how the holiday began. I couldn't sleep much last night as my mind sifted through the events of the day and the events to come. I think that my happiest times are when I take the time to remember how lucky I am. It's easy to get bogged down with the ups and downs of life and the problems that seem beyond my control. When I can put that all aside and take time to remember how much I have - well, suddenly, my sadness disappears and I can focus on and be happy with what's most important. So, as Thanksgiving approaches, I just want to say how thankful I am for this refreshing holiday.

1 comment:

annek said...

From your last couple of posts it sounds like you've have some ups and downs. Thanks for reminding me that even if life gives us those crazy days we still have so much to be grateful for!