Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Sarah!

Shayla was the first one of my sisters to wed.
Our dear David became her new family head.
That was seven years ago from this very day.
Of this stalwart couple, there’s much that I could say.

Instead my poem will tell of a gift that they got
After they’d been married five years on the dot!
For that’s the happy day sweet Sarah did arrive;
And from the start they found, her only gear was “Drive”.

She has this smile that makes both her blue eyes twinkle.
Bringing lots of grins – she’s also caused some wrinkles.
Her parents would n’er complain – They love her little antics.
And all who are around must say that she is quite fantastic!

Today is her birthday – Two years old is she!
And there’ll be more to share before she turns three!
Until then, let’s all sit back and enjoy this darling lass;
And sadly, like all children, she’ll grow up much too fast!

2 comments:

The Morris Family said...

I love your poems, your so creative and funny! I know who to call next time I need to make something rhyme. Take care!

David and Shayla said...

That was perfect Cynthia! Thank you! By the way, the dancing was fabulous on elf yourself.