Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Latest

I asked Jonathan to put his shoes on and go to breakfast. When he didn't come out for a while, I went to check on him. Cute....
Rachel, Katie, Aunt Stephie, and Grandma came out for a visit and to see Jonathan in his Preschool Program. This is them: Gabe, Rachel, Jacob on Aunt Stephie's lap, Jonathan, and Katie.
Today, I had Jacob come help me wake Jonathan up from his nap. If I do it, it's tears and sadness and "I'm still tired," but with Jacob softly rubbing Jonathan's back and climbing all over him, it was ok - and everyone's smiling (the picture-taker too!).
Not a lot else to report - the garden is growing - I've planted anywhere I can think. We've done a lot of biking to the library and the park. Jonathan accidentally broke a DVD from the library and he did a good job of taking care of the problem (which included cleaning up the little twigs that fell on the library lawn during the last big wind storm). The boys want to play outside all the time. Jacob gets into everything and is smiling as long as you don't take anything away from him. I have been attempting potty training Gabe - who's been doing great with #1, but on Saturday, after sitting on the toilet for an hour (watching his favorite cartoons), he went town stairs and not only made a lovely #2 mess, but stepped in it.....several times. When I got down there, I didn't know what to do and where to start! I just kept saying, "Don't move!" to all the boys. I masterfully cleaned it all up (even touching up some other dirty spots in the carpet), but I gave in to the pressure and he's worn a diaper since. I'm trying to get the courage up today to try again.......
I'm really not feeling it.

2 comments:

The Morris Family said...

Cute kids! I bet your happy to have Steph back! You are lucky to have so many great sisters!

Dave and Mel said...

So cute....I love your pictures. I can't tell you how many times Brooke has organized shoes....but I am so bad at taking pictures.