Monday, October 1, 2007

Weird Weather




Well, the first snow officially arrived sometime between Saturday and Sunday. My husband was up early getting ready for work and took some great shots. I got one during the day - right before I tried to resolve the situation by shaking branches full of snow until I was covered in snow; however, the tree on the left had already raised up thanks to our wonderful wind. What you are seeing is the poor branches on the bottom being weighed down by broken branches on top. The trees that you see are Russian Olives - Our other trees' branches just snapped, but the Russian Olives twisted and bent. The whole town had problems - Tree limbs were all over. Power was out for a few hours Sunday morning. It was a new experience for me!

3 comments:

Joe said...

Yikes... I hope that they are salvageable! (not really sure on the spelling of that)

Natalie said...

Cynthia,
I'm so glad you have this blogspot so I can see your sweet little family. I must say I'm pretty glad I live in So. California right now looking at these pictures of snow.
Nat

Unknown said...

Hi!
We're just waiting for the first snow )))

Andrey