Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Uncle Shawn!

I remember the day I first met Shawn
More than six years back in time long gone.
Garrett invited me to dinner at his place.
And it was there I first saw Shawn’s kind face.

His father asked him to bless the food prepared in his home.
And that he did – adding words to make me feel quite welcome.
Since that time, he’s continued making me feel a part
Of his family. Yes, with Garrett’s clan, I had my start.

And in the years that followed, my love for him has grown.
He is a truly great man – one I’ll always be proud to have known.
He’s been so fun to watch grow up – And listen to his tales
Of all the fun things he has gone with all his friends and pals.

And Shawn certainly didn’t disappoint in his choice of mate
Carissa is a wonderful girl – As a “help meet” she’s first rate!
I couldn’t adore Shawn more if we were born of the same mother
I’m so glad I married Garrett and get to call dear Shawn “my brother”.

Yesterday, we went to Shawn's b-day party. It was a lot of fun. Here are the pictures from the party:

The kids getting into the food while they waited for the meat to get done!

The "BIG" kids playing with Shawn's remote controlled car.

Carissa made the most delicious b-day cupcakes - The kids are eying them w/naked desire!
Hanging out at the party!
A big thanks to Carissa for such a fantastic idea - Happy Birthday to Shawn! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! Those kids are too cute... Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I am seriously pumped about getting these cousins all together.
I love reading your birthday wishes, and BTW
HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! sorry we're late!