Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Garrett (once again)!


Yesterday was the birthday of my lover and my friend
The man I hope I be with until the very end.

If you need some help planning to go out of doors
Or need a food you can cook on a fire (besides s’mores).

If you ever shoot your gun and your bullet is a dud.
Or if you wonder what made the track in the mud.

If something gets broken and is impossible to fix
Or if you need to make a fire with only wooden sticks!

If you need someone who is the world’s greatest listener
Or if you wonder whose lips are the finest kissers.

Well – all this describes the Garrett of my heart
And just the tip of the iceburg of the talents in his kart!

And as the saying goes from the 80’s, he is rad!
And I’m the lucky girl whose kids can call him dad.

3 comments:

Callie's Spot said...

I love reading your thoughts. They are great!

Necha said...

Happy Birthday again Garrett!! Love ya! (Cynthia, I know Garrett will never read this on his own, so will you tell him I love him!)

Unknown said...

Cynthia, you are so creative. That's awesome. Garrett is one lucky guy. I loved the poster on his pickup.
Hope you had fun celebrating and thanks for sharing his yummy cake with us.