Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Eugene!




Today I will send (if my writing mind can)
A big happy birthday for Garrett’s old man
Now – “Old” is a relative term, I have heard
And Eugene is my relative – in a word.
He’s lived for a while – experiencing plenty
And he knows much more than he did at twenty.

“And what has he done since twenty?” you ask.
Well, I will tell you the little I know of his past.
Since my husband Garrett was only a wee little lad,
The local boyscout leader was almost always his Dad.
Hunting and fishing, guns, safety, knots, and knives
He made this great program a huge part of their lives.

Another great concept instilled in his childrens’ heads
Somewhere between wrestling mats and their bunk beds
He taught them how to be consumers truly great
And how to make sure their deals are first rate.
Now I can tell you this skill does come in handy
When checking out things from cars to red candy.

But finally, he showed by example most steady
That for sharing the gospel – Always be ready.
Fulfilling your duties at church is a must.
For in you Lord has place his great trust.
Dad – Happy Birthday – You’ve done a great job
May a joyous birthday from you not be robbed!

We had such a great time with you and Grandma this weekend.
Have a fantastic b-day!

No comments: