Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Best Day of My Entire Life.......So Far

Today was so wonderful. We packed the kids up after lunch and went into a nearby National Forrest and hiked and played in the water and had snacks and sang songs and drove fast through all the puddles. It was fantastic!

Garrett makes everything so perfect by having all the perfect ideas - like letting the boys wear his hats - They love that! He had a back pack thing with water in it that astounded the boys and he let them practice with the compass and binocular. I just told him that we had to have a picture of him too - hence, the look.


Gabe and Jacob fell asleep on the way there. As you can see, they were wearing Garrett's hats already.

Jacob wasn't terribly thrilled with being carried on the hike - He's a lot happier here running around. Towards the end of the day, he was throwing rocks into a little creek and I started throwing big ones in the same spot at the same time - so he thought he was making some incredible splashes. He loved it until it was time to go.....

Here's Jonathan's enjoying a snack while his curious little mind studies everything! OH! And to his side is his backback with his play camera, binolcular, compass, canteen, etc. He never took a think out of the pack, but he felt so important carrying it all over.
I was just thinking during it all that it doesn't get any better than this.

Garrett found a nest of new little caterpillar's just moving around.

As you can see, the boys were amazed! Gabe doesn't want to get too close.

Here's me, carrying Jacob, with Gabe at my side.

It was just fantastic - A big thanks to Aunt Carla for the backpack child carrier she gave me when I was pregnant with Jonathan. We couldn't have made it without her. What a wonderful day! I feel so lucky to be the mom of this family. (In case you have very sharp eyes, there is a flower tucked into my bandana - which incidentally doesn't match, but the one that did is in the laundry - one more thing to do before I go to bed.....anyway, Garrett gave me this wildflower on our first little excursion today - He won my heart.....again.


And this was my favorite view - I know that the good days come and go and that there are many great things yet to happen in life, but this was the best day yet!

Definitely NOT ..........The End.

5 comments:

Josh and Necha said...

Looks like a ton of fun! My dad used to take us on similar trips!I always loved them!

Grandma's Joys said...

The whole time I was reading this blog I could hear your giggle in the background and I smiled! I'm so grateful that you had such a glorious day...you deserve it and I wish you many, many more. What a beautiful family!

Dave and Mel said...

How cute. That is such neat day. You guys are adventurers.

The Morris Family said...

What a fun day! Thanks for reminding me that things don't have to be expensive and a lot of work to have fun and make memories!

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family!