Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Perfect Anniverary Trip

Well, we got to celebrate our anniversary together on Tuesday and Wednesday. My mom and dad came and took care of the kids while we were gone. We just went some place not so far away and camped and 4-wheeled.

The wildflowers were everywhere and gorgeous. The standing water was attracting all these colorful moth/small butterfly things and as we'd drive by they'd flutter around us. It was magical. And.....while we drove on the 4-wheeler, I could focus on us - the two of us. I could help Garrett without distraction and we could talk without interruption, and it was fantastic.

A big thanks to Garrett who took care of trip - I got everything ready for mom and dad and the kids, but Garrett got the whole trip planned and executed. It was wonderful! Sorry no pictures, but the ones engraved on my heart.

1 comment:

Alison said...

We are going away tomorrow for our Anniversary! It is great to get away now and then...I think my kids are excited for us to get away also.