Saturday, January 12, 2008

Great Expectations

Gabe and Garrett taking a midday nap.
We took a trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa Warnick. The boys had so much fun with the toys and we got to meet some friends of moms. The man joined the church after mom told him about the gospel when he broke down in Richfield on his way to joining the hippies in California. As you can see, Gabe doesn't seem to want anyone but his parents to be near him. It was a fun visit.
The boys are so good on these long trips. This happens to be the smiles before the journey begins - typically, the smiles at the end of trips are not so bright - if they exist at all! On this trip, we also got to spend time with Uncle Joseph (Z) and Aunt Jenn, Ryan and the twins; Garrett got to watch Uncle Joseph (P) do very well at a wrestling tournament; and have a combined b-day party with Grandpa P and Carol. It is so fun to see family, but always nice to climb into our own beds when we get home.
Well, as I'm not keeping up with these blogs very well, you may not hear from me again until after the delivery of Child #3. My belly is sore all the time now and the braxton-hicks contractions seem to be around a lot. I told Garrett this morning that I was really stiff and I thought it was from cooking all day yesterday (it was Garrett's b-day and I made bread, peach pie, chicken roll-ups, focacia ?spelling, and a lot of messes). It made sense to me, but he raised his eyebrow and said, "You're stiff from cooking now..." I had to laugh at myself - but my body sure is feeling a lot of aches. The doctor has a tentative C-section scheduled for the end of the month and the end is approaching - the end that is really the beginning.

And as for taking more trips like the one above - I can't see how it is possible to take three children and all of our luggage and remain sane for any drive that's longer than an hour - which is all drives in our case. So I guess this is goodbye to the outside world....

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Cynthia,
Good luck with your baby. Let me know when the big day arrives!
Nat

Nick and Natalie Smith said...

nice to talk to you on the phone. good luck with baby #3. get some sleep, LOL love you. thanks for the blog address and don't forget to send the other addresses love ya

Aunt Natalie