Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The New Arrival - It's NOT a girl!

Well, two and 1/2 weeks early, we came to the hospital - the nurses told me (at 8am) when we arrived that I'd go home soon, but the contractions wouldn't stop - despite shot after shot of an anti-contraction medication - So the baby had decided it was time. When the doctor decided to keep me overnight, Garrett brought the boys up. So, I guess this can be considered the BEFORE shot.
At 8:00 am, I was taken in for surgery and Jacob Ephraim Platt was born at 8:30am, weighing 6 pounds, 1.2 ounces, and measuring 20 inches. I could only chuckle on the delivery table when the doctor announced - It's a boy. Garrett had a feeling that it would be a boy - but I was certain it was a girl - I had felt so differently during the pregnancy. Well, I'm convinced this little boy is going to be the family trickster, since he brought a delivery full of surprises.
Here's the proud father of three future campers!
And the mother, finally able to feel her toes!
All my men together - checking each other out.
And more photos to come - in a second....

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cynthia,
I was so surprised. I thought for sure a girl! Anyway, Congratulations on your newest addition. It's no accident that you now have three little boys. I believe he was, of course, meant to be with you. Good luck with three. It's crazy isn't it? I had a hard time with three at first. It gets easier. Love you,
Natalie