Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fire Station


I got to drive Jonathan and some of his classmates to the firestation yesterday, so I took Gabe too. The boys loved it and could hardly be contained when it was time to look at the trucks. The fireman had explained that they would need to quickly leave the truck area if a call came in. I looked around at the jumping, inattentive, distractable bunch and wondered exactly how that was going to happen. A few minutes later, the fire cheif came and asked me and another parent to move our vehicles - leaving only two adults with 27 kids. When we came back, we found that a call had came and the fire truck was gone. And the kids......they did just what they were told and filed right out the door without a single problem. I could hardly believe it. But I was sure proud of the kids. Sometimes I think these kids get a lot more than they let on....

2 comments:

Grandma's Joys said...

Sounds like a memorable experience. Being married to a firefighter my heart was touched by your story! By the way, thanks so much for the cute poem, KB loved it. She started to cry when we showed her the blog we had posted on "her" blog. Thanks so much!

Dave and Mel said...

I love the pictures of Garrett and Gabe. They are so cute. (Don't tell Garrett I used that word) Anyway, I want to take a field trip to the fire station. You are such a great mom.