Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Vickie!


Well, here’s another poem to share with you today.
And spread a little cheer for one more “Happy Birthday”
My poem today’s about the mom of Garrett’s family.
And I feel quite anxious to share how she has blessed me.

First off, there is the greatest love in all my heart.
For on the stage of Garrett’s life, she played a major part.
She nurtured, loved, and tended him from boy to man
And now still continues to do all she can.


Then, there is the love of learning she always shows.
Regardless of the passing years, this love only grows.
And if the family has forgotten any date
Mom’s journals have it all – the details are first rate!
She has a tremendous love for her family
And does all she can to preserve her history.

She has so many skills she’s polished and refined.
Throughout her life, she worked hard to fill her mind.
Cooking, canning, sewing – to name just a few
And then there is her art – Oh my! What she can do!

And this mother heart still yearns for her children – eight!
And all her darling grandkids, to see each, she can’t wait.
I feel truly grateful for this woman in my life
And for the man who calls her mom – to whom I am wife
Mom, we love you and we send thanks for all you do!
You make our lives better – Happy Birthday to you!

No comments: