Sunday, March 29, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

I keep waiting for "something" to happen so I can blog, but I really haven't had anything exciting happen, so I just thought I write some stuff that I love about my life....

1) A couple of minutes ago, we could hear Jonathan sneaking down the hall (I have no idea where he gets that). When I saw his little head poke its way around the corner and say, "Mommy," Garrett took off running in a mad dash for him. He was scared to death until he heard me start giggling and then, he started giggling too. Garrett caught him and put him to bed....wonderful!

2) I took Gabe to the store yesterday. Everything I picked out to buy, Gabe would say, "Love it." And as he goes around the store with me, he does this jump thing when he runs. It's like he jumps up and his legs kick out a little and then he runs some and jumps and kicks and runs some more. I'm not describing it very well, but it's so cute.

3) Jacob likes to barrel into my legs and get hugs, but he doesn't want to be picked up. He just wants to walk around until he finds another set of legs that will hug him (often he finds me again).

4) Gabe likes to kiss my nose - Isn't that strange? But it's so sweet and I love it. When I lay down with him for his naps, he puts his little face an inch from mine, kisses my nose, smiles so sweet and just is so cute, I can hardly stand for him to go to sleep....

5) Jonathan gave the FHE lesson tonight (Garrett works a night shift tomorrow). He chose to do it on the same lesson he got in church - the Word of Wisdom. He loved using the flannel board stories Garrett's mom made and hang up the pictures of good food and bad food. Then, when he bore his testimony to finish, he said, "I'd like to bear my testimony that I'm a good person and I don't eat that bad stuff or make smoke with those things."

6) Jacob loves being all alone with me and Garrett. He basks in the attention he's getting from both parents.

7) Gabe has a habit of running around in circles and growling the songs we sing for Scripture Study or FHE. So there we have "I love to see the (growl) temple. I'm going there some (growl) day. To feel the holy (growl) spirit......I think you get the picture.

8) When we watch the little scripture things from the church's website, Jonathan insists on watching the same one over and over again.

9) I know its cliche how cute kids are when they sleep, but well......they really are.

10) I bore my testimony in church today (with my children waving from the back row). I know it's something that is good to do, but I really don't enjoy it. I stress out trying to get the guts to do it, while I try to figure out exactly what to say. Then, after its done, I stress about what I should and shouldn't have said. But anyway, when I got done, and I'm trying not to look at anyone and get back to my seat, I sat down and Garrett slid his arm around my shoulders. Is there a better feeling....?

3 comments:

The Morris Family said...

Love the cute storied of your kids! You have a great family and you are a great Mom!!!

Alison said...

How sweet! I love this post. Life is good! You are a great mom and wife!

Unknown said...

I love how you always notice the little things and the sweet giggles they bring. You are an AWESOME mom.