Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Uncle Joseph


I began dating Garrett seven years past
Little did I know the time would move fast.
Back then, he had a little brother, Joe.
And now, my how that boy did grow!

I was there when he hit the teen years
I even got to meet a lot of his peers.
As his brother became a big part of my heart
My love also grew for this youngest upstart.

Joseph was delight to have so close
I think his enthusiasm I've missed most.
So happy to talk shmack with older siblings
Quick with a smile and lots of hearty laughings...

But with our first child, we moved away
And those I miss much of those good old days.
I think I miss most seeing lots of him
And watching all his activities on a whim.

Now as we celebrate the latest - a mission call.
I find myself reminiscing on it all.
Oh - Joseph - how I love you! and I'm so very glad
My boys have your example - from the brother of their dad!

Happy Birthday Uncle Joseph!!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cynthia,
I love your poems! Thanks for calling me Friday. I miss you. Good luck with the jewelry, clothes, make up, etc. What's wrong with just being you? Love you,
Nat