Friday, September 26, 2008

Our 2008 Family Reunion

The new yearly tradition to have our family reunion at Heber Valley Campground was a lot of fun. We stayed in Yurts, which were a little chilly the first night. But the 2nd night was much better and we had a lot of fun. I, of course, forgot to take very many pictures, so you'll have to look at Jenn's or Melanie's site to see the good pictures, but I did capture some cute ones swimming at the neat pool in Kamas (the site of the previous week's triathlon).


Here's the whole family, minus Steph of course, who is on a mission in Autralia and who was greatly missed. Garrett and I are on the left side. I'm holding Jacob and Garrett's holding Gabe who's sporting his new jacket which was a b-day present from Aunt Carla. Dave and Melanie are next to us. Dave's holding Mathew and Mel's holding Brooke. Next to Melanie is David, who is holding Katie. Next to David is Jenn, who's holding Emmy and next to Emmy is her twin brother Owen, being held by my brother Joseph. Next to Joseph (on the right) is Carla. Below and to the left of her is my dad, who is holding Ryan (Joseph's oldest son), then Rachel (David and Shayla's oldest), then mom, and then Shayla is holding Sarah and also has her arms around Jonathan, our oldest. And that's everyone (except the aforementioned Stephanie).
This is Aunt Carla trying to keep her balance with all the neices and nephews. What a job!
And here we have Garrett in the pool playing with Jonathan and Gabe. I had gotten out to feed Jacob, who's tummy was grumbling.
Here you can see that we covered Gabe's head for the swimming and camping excursions to protect his little stitches, which came out the next day in the ER. We originally tried to keep Gabe safely out of the water, but as you can see, he likes the water and wouldn't have anything to do with staying dry.
This is my brother Joseph putting on a crazy face with Owen, who I think is saying, "Help me Ryan! Dad's getting crazy again." Ryan doesn't look too sure if interceding is the best option at this point.
And that was the reunion. We went and ate yummy pizza afterwards. And all our leftovers, were carefully placed in a take home container, carefully set on top of the care while kids got buckled in, and not so carefully blew away in the wind. My apologies to the City of Kamas, who I'm sure is wondering who dumped pizza all over main street.

6 comments:

marlamuppets said...

oh my gosh! i still remember my reunion with the zollingers :) so fun!!! what a party. i love seeing all of your faces!! cynthia lovely blog!

Natalie said...

I love your hair and the pictures of the reunion are great!

Dave and Mel said...

Cynthia,
You hair is really cute. I love the pictures....I check your blog all the time, and all of the sudden there are a million posts....I love the pictures....your cute boys. Love ya, Mel

Unknown said...

Loved looking at all your new posts. Looks like you had a wonderful time at your reunion. Great memories.

David and Shayla said...

You write so good. And that picture of Gabe is perfect. I like your haircut, it fits you...it makes me want to wack my own hair off. Love ya!

Alison said...

Cute kids. I cannot believe how much everyone has grown and changed...Aren't we still 19?