Thursday, September 18, 2008

Joys, Fears, and Obsessions

These are the rules: list 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag 5 other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged.

Joys
1. Watching kids learn something new (today Jacob held his own bottle).
2. Back rubs and scratches from my husband.
3. Porch swings.

Fears
1. Anything to do with rats.
2. Adequately preparing my children for the world.
3. Thoughtlessly injuring those I love.

Obsessions/Collections
1. When I'm at my parent's home, there is this sequence of turning the lights on upstairs that I have to maintain - it's possible to have all the lights off, but in the wrong sequence. I will got back downstairs and start over if it's wrong.
2. When we go on vacation, I have to leave a clean house, so it's fun coming home and not a ton of work.
3. I HATE towels being left on the floor when they're wet. Mildew.....

Surprising facts
1. My parent's home is for sale.
2. I scored in the 99th percentile on the GRE in problem solving (also the area that graduate schools don't really care about) and I liked taking the practice exams in this area.
3. I focus better in lectures if I write notes - I usually throw them away afterwards.

Tagged: Dorothy, Melanie, Shayla, Jenn, Natalie

2 comments:

marlamuppets said...

your parents house is for sale!!! are you kidding me?!!

Cynthia said...

I know - It's kind of sad, but wherever they go, I'm pretty sure they'll still let us come (actually mom has expressed an idea that she would build a big house for all of us to visit and a little one out back for her and dad to escape to...).