Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Growing Garden

I'm so excited about my garden. I got almost all the grass dug up before our terrific neighbor came and tilled it all up. Then, I put some "activator" that Ace Hardware recommended. It's supposed to break down any leftover grass and get the soil excited about growing plants.
Garrett taught me to use the saw and I made these fence posts and markers. The boards were so cheap and we already had the chicken wire, so now it's kid proof, right????
I planted peas and radishes, with the kids help. In a little garden along the house, we also planted some onions and garlic.
Finally, here's our ever-growing indoor garden. It's so exciting to see stuff growing. I did some transplanting into bigger pots that I bought at the DI. I can't wait until the middle of May when I can start putting things in the ground!

As I watered the garden yesterday, I was reminded of my father's mother, out every morning watering her flowers and tomato plants. Great stuff!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

We can't wait to live in a place where we can have a garden in our back yard, although Doug would be the gardner not me. I'd probably kill everything.

Dave and Mel said...

I love the pictures at Grandma's, those are priceless. I am also very impressed with your garden, and your fence....make it electric and you will keep the little munchkins out. I hope we get a garden in this year. you motivate me.

Necha said...

Yay! I wish I knew how to garden!

The Morris Family said...

Way to go Cynthia! I remember your Grandma Zollinger always out working in her yoard and garden. I guess the tomotoe doesn't fall far from the plant!(Lame I know!)

Grandma's Joys said...

Way to go Cynthia, I am impressed! The deer eat anything we try to grow so the Speas family said we could plant a garden at their house. Kyle called to let me know that he has everything tilled up. Everytime we go to go to their house to check things out it has rained. Maybe Friday on my day off. I'll be anxious to hear how you do.