Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Little Gabe

Since Gabe just got his buzz cut, I am missing my little "haired" child. Here are three recent pictures of him playing.

He loves playing with whatever Jonathan's playing with - sometimes to the complaint of his brother. These are Jonathan's tools (one technique we tried to help Jonathan progress to #2 in his recent potty training).

This is the innocent face we see all the time - even and especially when he's just been "up to" something.

Finally, this is him all bundled up for the cold and going to drop off his gloves that are getting in the way since he covered them with mud...

I took the kids to Saratoga for a fun day on Monday. We played in the park, fed the ducks, and got pizza. They loved it. While there, I dropped in to see a friend and she got choked up when she saw Gabe sucking two of his fingers (I think he may be getting his molars). She said that she remembers one of her children doing the same. I got to thinking on the way home, "This is not going to last very long." I won't be able to take them all for the day once they start school - at least, not as often. Right now, it's just me and the kids all the time. I have felt this renewed sense of excitement - I am a mommy! and I'm so glad.

No comments: