Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Purple Cow!

Last Wednesday, I got home from work at about 5:30. I had left at about 2:45, so I just missed Jonathan coming home from preschool. Garrett meets me at the door with a very serious look on his face and says, "Have you seen Jonathan?" I become frantic with worry - Was he hurt? Did something happen? Did he get in trouble? No, Garrett explains, "They painted his fingernails at preschool." Oh! Dread of dreads....so it was purple day and the teachers let the kids decide if they did or did not want their fingernails painted. Jonathan chose the purple polish and came home and showed dad. He must have sensed right away that this was not exciting to Daddy, so he says, "Ok! Let's wash it off now." Garrett explains that you can't wash it off, and Jonathan becomes upset. He ran to see me first thing to ask me what cool stuff I had that would take the polish off. Funny! Funny! Of course, I took a picture first...


The picture he painted is a purple cow with the following poem:

I never saw a purle cow.

I never hope to see one.

But I can tell you anyhow

I'd rather see one than be one.

He memorized the last line and told me that - It was cute.

3 comments:

Necha said...

I noticed the painted nails in the picture before I read the post, and I thought "Why did they paint his fingernails? That sounds like something Garrett would do to be mean." lol. I am laughing about it now because NO ONE would think that was a Garrett thing to do but me. I don't know why I thought it. But it is sure a cute picture and poem!

CZ said...

Painted fingernails didn't hurt Joseph...don't know why they would hurt Jonathan :) I love the cow...and the cute little boy holding it!!

Alison said...

Jesica's Preschool did this too and Todd's little boy that is the same age was the only boy that wouldn't do it...older siblings and all. Anyway, it really upset Jes that he wouldn't do it. I finally found you again...I added you to my list so I wouldn't lose you again.