Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Amanda!

I’d like to pause ‘midst all the chaos
As the Halloween excitement starts
And send a Happy Birthday note
To a woman who’s off the charts

She’s the youngest girl in Garrett’s family.
Claiming to be spoiled – but this I do not see!
She’s faced trials that would be difficult to bear
If they’d been mine I’m sure I’d have even more grey hair.

But she continues darling and lovely as ever.
And as to giving up…..I know that she would never.
For though she looks sweet, I can tell you surely…
She’s got inner strength that makes her spirit burly.

She’s the kind that’s made from head to toe of stuff
That gives her strength when life gets really tough.
It’s this strength that she’ll pass on to her little Vince.
Something he can count when things just don’t make sense.

Amanda,
You and your family mean so much!
Thanks for always staying in touch!
We had a blast when you came to stay.
You’re welcome each and ever day.

May your birthday week be filled with smiles, hugs and fun
The coming year of great things has only just begun!

No comments: