Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Doreen!

The fairy tales all talk ‘bout wicked stepmothers
And how she always wants whatever’s best for her.
Almost four months ago, we got our first step mom
I must confess the truth – That she is just the BOMB.

From the first time we met, she eas’ly disappears.
And when she’s fine’ly found, each mothers’ heart gives cheers.
For playing with the kids, she seems to have a knack
While the adults are talking – The kids don’t feel the lack.

Doing dishes – cleaning up
In the background she is found
And she seems to do it all
Without one complaining sound.

She’s kind and caring – full of love
She cared for us all right away.
So of this stepmom stereotype
I must raise my voice and say.
If this is what a stepmom’s like
We’ll take her any day!

Happy Birthday Grandma Doreen!!
Thanks for all your selfless efforts on your birthday weekend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your cute poems! You are talented! I'm so glad you found me and commented so I could find you! Your kids are adorable! Keep in touch!