Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Season!

As Thanksgiving Day is over, but we're still within the realms of the Thanksgiving Weekend, I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving Season!

We were able to go see Grandma and Grandpa down south and spend Thanksgiving with them. We got also see Aunt Diane, Uncle Jerry and their family, as well as Ben and Amanda and Shawn. It was great. Aunt Diane and I won every game of Sequence - we have good combined carma. The food was fantastic - I even got my own special dish of yams, without all those nasty marshmellows on top. I took a little bit of everything and still got very stuffed. My green bean casserole turned out fantastic.

I seem to always get so caught up in the excitement - I always forget to take pictures, so I have nothing to show. That night, I got the turkey blues and was sick almost all day on Friday. However, I revived in time to stop at my parent's home. My boys and Garrett ate dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and David and Shayla and kids (I was still trying to starve away the crud that was making me sick...).

All in all, it was a fun weekend and getting sick helped me finish Deception Point by Dan Brown - which was a facinating fictional book.


I'm so thankful for family and friends - and for my wonderful little boys and the great man who gave them to me! I'm thankful for my knowledge of the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. What a lucky girl I am!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Sorry you were sick. My Jes has been sick all break. Hope you are feeling better.

Dave and Mel said...

Can't wait till Christmas, and we can have some serious holiday fun...right? Don't be sick for that one though.

Unknown said...

I feel bad not knowing you were sick. Thanks too for taking my kids to the Library. They loved it.