Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Uncle Aaron!


Late on this night, I’d like to write a poem about a boy
Who never said a single word, but always spread such joy!
In every photograph, you see smiles from ear to ear,
And when his family speaks of him, you’ll see both smiles & tears.

For you see, both smiles & tears come from memories they share
Of all the things he used to do – this child with golden hair.
Playing with the wrapping paper, turning lights off and on,
His love of music even stood his brother’s crazy songs.

Of course, he liked getting into places without locks,
Getting in the stroller to go for walks around the block.
He loved to spin the wheels of bicycles turned upside down,
But he wore the biggest smile when his fam’ly was around.

This poem might make it sound like I knew this boy quite well,
But he died two years before I found his brother’s trail.
I look forward to the day when he and I shall meet;
You can be sure, he’ll be on one of heaven’s front row seats!

1 comment:

Dave and Mel said...

Cynthia, you have such a talent for this. I thought about calling you to help me write a family letter for Dave's grandma cause I was drawing a blank. Do you remember when you wrote all my campaign speeches?